Second Chapter of Acts is a trio of two sisters and a brother from the seventies and eighties. “It Is Well With My Soul” is a wonderful track from Hymns II, 1988. Enjoy their unique harmonies and arrangement. Love, Lisa
On a day like today, even the trees seem to be groaning, yearning, reaching, stretching for Heaven. It’s like they can’t get close enough to the beauty of what God has created.
I have been filled with a strange and strong longing this week. Yearning for something. The weather has been so gorgeous, and you would think this would produce the opposite effect. Yet this kind of jaw-dropping beauty stands in stark juxtaposition to the ugliness I am seeing on the news. It illuminates the difference between the Here and the What Will Be so clearly. I love being alive on days like this, love experiencing all the amazing blues, and greens, and bird songs. Yet I know that so much better is waiting in God’s Heaven, where there is no more pain, no more weeping, no more conflict. Thus, the groaning.
“We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly, as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved.” – Romans 8:22-24a
I am truly thankful that Jesus will make all things right and new when He returns. I am waiting eagerly. Love, Lisa
A tiny, friendly hummingbird looked at me through the window yesterday evening. He didn’t seem particularly afraid as he gazed at me. His small body stayed still as his wings moved with unimaginable speed.
In my mind, I imagined that he was reminding me to fill the front hummingbird feeder, as it is getting low. Such are the thoughts of an animal personifier. 🙂
I am thankful for life’s reminders:
- My wedding ring to remind me of the best husband in the world
- Spring flowers after the harsh winter to remind me that God makes all things new, even things I think are past hope.
- The check engine light so I don’t ignore my trusty car past fixing.
- Memories of childhood….riding bikes, cartwheels in the yard, reading The Hobbit on repeat, playing badminton in the backyard till dark…to remind me of how to have fun and really relax.
- My dog dinging his metal food bowl up against his water bowl, to remind me that he needs more food.
- Memories of all the times God has rescued me through the years, pulled me out of unimaginable pits, to remind me that He is faithful and will never leave me nor forsake me.
So now, I am going to refill the hummingbird feeder.
Enjoy your day and all the little reminders. Love, Lisa
My sweet husband was singing this song this morning around the house, and totally lifted my mood and my focus to where it needs to stay. Hope it lifts you up as well! Love, Lisa
“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.” – Matthew 24 :42-44
This is one of my very favorite songs written by Twila Paris on her album, Beyond a Dream, 1993. Watch, pray, rejoice. Your Savior and Mine is coming. 🙂