Yesterday I wrote about joy catching. How to cultivate and encourage joyful moments in life. Today I’m thinking about the reality of joy snatchers…the circumstances or people that try to grab and steal that joy as soon as you think you’ve found some. I don’t want to dwell on that too long, because, well, that’s a real downer, and yes, a joy snatcher! 🙂 Instead I want to focus on ways to regain your inner peace and joy after the attack of the snatchers.
1. Read God’s Word. Best medicine and advice and love ever. Period.
2. Sit in the sun for a few moments. Soak in the warmth, close your eyes, and breathe.
3. Call a good friend or loved one.
4. Do something physical. Vacuum the house, run, take a walk, pet your dog.
5. Create something. It doesn’t have to be a new Rachmaninoff or anything, just have fun drawing, coloring, writing, doodling, singing, playing an instrument.
6. Put on your favorite music and dance in the kitchen. Or in the living room. Or outside in the driveway if you’re really daring.
Here’s a great toe-tapping song to help in that regard. Performed by the High Kings, who by the way just performed for the White House St. Patrick’s Day Celebration. They’re awesome and so talented. Check out their website at www.thehighkings.com.