The facts of this morning in my corner of the world:
- It’s raining….and has been raining for many days in Virginia.
- It’s Monday morning….enough said.
- I slept poorly last night, with many upsetting dreams.
- I want to eat toast and jam, but am trying to avoid sugar for ankle issues.
So….with these circumstances seemingly stacked against joy, I am trying my best to find very little things that bring joy. So far this morning:
- Warm Irish tea in a big mug.
- My favorite ever-present morning omelette.
- I made myself get on the exercise bike, reluctantly. But now I feel better.:)
- Singing some music, loudly. The two that made me feel the best this morning….”Amen (Reborn)” by for King and Country…..and “Happy Together” by The Turtles.
- Writing this blog. Always helps me feel better.
.”Then I shall give you rains in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear their fruit.” – Leviticus 26:4
I am always happy to hear from any of you, your little ways to capture joy on a rainy Monday morning. Love to all of you, Lisa
**In case you would like to sing along also….
You need something more uplifting than this first one, Girl! Great song, but moody for today. Look up “You Put the Song in My Heart” or “Be Ye Glad” by the old a cappella group Glad. That’ll brighten your day! Now I can’t stop singing “Happy Together” …….. see what you did?!?! 🙂
Oh no….did you get all the way through it? It talks about rebirth and going from death to life….coming alive in Christ. 😊❤Glad you liked Happy Together..so catchy.
Well, I’v been singing my way out of this Blue Monday with Happy Together and You Put a Song In My Heart, and added one of my old 50’s favorites; You Are My Special Angel by Bobby Vinton!!! Music always does it for me when I feel down, and how blessed I always feel when I hear an old favorite come on my Easy Listening Channel each day. So, thanks for all the added tips on ways to feel the uplift when our days are far from sunny and bright!!!