A tiny, friendly hummingbird looked at me through the window yesterday evening. He didn’t seem particularly afraid as he gazed at me. His small body stayed still as his wings moved with unimaginable speed.
In my mind, I imagined that he was reminding me to fill the front hummingbird feeder, as it is getting low. Such are the thoughts of an animal personifier. 🙂
I am thankful for life’s reminders:
- My wedding ring to remind me of the best husband in the world
- Spring flowers after the harsh winter to remind me that God makes all things new, even things I think are past hope.
- The check engine light so I don’t ignore my trusty car past fixing.
- Memories of childhood….riding bikes, cartwheels in the yard, reading The Hobbit on repeat, playing badminton in the backyard till dark…to remind me of how to have fun and really relax.
- My dog dinging his metal food bowl up against his water bowl, to remind me that he needs more food.
- Memories of all the times God has rescued me through the years, pulled me out of unimaginable pits, to remind me that He is faithful and will never leave me nor forsake me.
So now, I am going to refill the hummingbird feeder.
Enjoy your day and all the little reminders. Love, Lisa